I've gotten some requests for some older stamps, particularly in the kissers line. While I do have every intention of making some stamps in the future with older characters, I also wanted to share with you a tip to allow you to modify many stamps to age them up a bit all on your own!
I've previously mentioned on this blog that I have no problem with stampers making minor modifications to my stamps. Keep in mind that some artists may not feel the same way!
You can add years to most people's faces with just a few simple lines. Let me demonstrate...
Here we have Dashing Groom, as he is offered in the shop.
Here I've added some lines in blue. Eight lines- pretty simple, right?
And here's the finished look. Grandpa Groom!
Here is a list of the lines that will help age up a face. Not all faces will need all lines. Some will want more or less- the more, the older your stamp will look.
1. Lines under the eyes. These ones are probably the most important. Smaller lines under the eyes can age a young-looking stamp to middle-aged. Bigger lines will move them into late-adulthood.
2. Lines around the mouth. You can do one or two or even three lines along the sides of the mouth.
3. Forehead creases. Particularly useful on male stamps.
4. Neck lines. A line or two on the neck (don't shudder, ladies) will give a much more frail look to your little old stamp.
5. Cheek emphasis. This one should be used sparingly as, in some cases, it can actually make a face look younger!
Also works on the ladies
See how little I had to add to her to give her a lot more years? Give her gray hair and she's Grandma Bride.
This is also very applicable to the Kissers Set!
Forgive my wobbly lines, as these were modified in Paint with a laptop touchpad!
PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY, AS THE CHALLENGE IS CHANGING SLIGHTLY.
I'm making a couple of small changes to the MayzyArt Challenge. I am hoping that they will not negatively affect anyone in any way, but will make the challenge fairer and more enjoyable!
1. Challenges will be posted Sunday instead of Saturday. (This is for my convenience more than anything, as I'm generally more busy on Saturday.) As such, entries will be due the preceding Friday, rather than Thursday.
2. You may still enter as many times as you like (provided entries are new works posted between the start and finish of the current challenge), however entries MUST contain a significant, hand-colored, stamped image. This doesn't have to be a Mayzy stamp. It can be digital, physical or self-drawn (ok, that's not really stamped, but still works for me), but it must be a central focus of the card.
3. Previously, the first place winner got 3 MayzyArt stamps and the grand prize winner got 5. Now the winners will be getting gift codes for the MayzyArt shop in the amounts of $8 and $15 respectively. You get bigger prizes and the ability to take advantage of special offers in the shop. Good, right?
If you have any questions about these changes, feel free to comment below or, if you prefer, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Now, on to the show!
The theme is
As you can see from our Design Team entries, this can be interpreted in many different ways!
-The MayzyArt Challenge is open to anyone! Entries can by Anything Goes, but extra points are awarded for using the inspirational theme. All entries MUST include a hand-colored, stamped image, though it does not need to be a MayzyArt image. Stamped images can be digital, physical or hand-drawn but must be a central focus of the card.
-You may enter as many times as you would like, but please only enter with new cards created and posted during the contest time frame.
- In order to enter, post a link to your blog post featuring the project. Please be sure that you list on that post that you wish to enter the project into the MayzyArt Challenge.
- There will be two winners of the MayzyArt Challenge! The first winner will be drawn at random from all entrants. That winner will receive an $8 discount code for mayzyart.com. The second winner will be chosen only from those entrants that used a MayzyArt stamp in their project. It will be selected specifically by Mayzy and will be featured for the following two weeks on this blog. That winner will also receive a $15 discount code for mayzyart.com!
- Entries must be received by Friday, April 26th. The winner will be announced on April 27th.
Sorry for the big delay on the new challenge! If you are a member of the Facebook group (and why wouldn't you be??), then you'll know things have been a little crazy for me and then... well, then I needed sleep. LOL!
So we've got two announcements for this post and then I'll put up the next challenge.
First we have the winners of the MayzyArt Challenge #014!